In their public rooms, the Carmelites begin the nucleus of their Melbourne library with a collection of historical and practical books brought over from Europe. In 1928 the Carmelite Library is formally established in Kew to support men in training. In 1937 it is moved to the Order’s new monastery in Donvale where its collection continues to grow.
*The library was relocated to Middle Park in 2002 and here it remains to serve its mission to be a significant theological, intellectual, and cultural resource to the community. The library’s curated sub collections on Australian Aboriginal spirituality and inter-religious dialogue serve a broad readership in spirituality that draws from all ages and major religious traditions.